Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Welcome to your new old home!

We've moved!  We're now running on a server housed on our local network, so we don't have to worry about memory, or hosting, or any of that stuff that cost money.  We have plenty of bandwidth, and a powerful enough server.

You can still connect the same way as before.  Let me know of any problems.

Hopefully it is rather undetectable except for the ... lack of reliability that it has had lately.  It's the same map as always.

In moving it over I've been trying to remove some of the error messages that happen that I really didn't have an easy way to do while it was on the hosted server.  Not that it will make much difference playing on the server... but I'm happier that the startup is cleaner, anyway.

I've been trying to get a Tekkit installation to work, but it continually refuses connections.  I really want to play on a Tekkit world from the beginning.  It's still a work in progress.  I'll announce it when it's ready.

Edit: Okay, I figured it out.  Tekkit is built on 1.2.5, and I'm trying to connect with a 1.3.2 client, duh.  Now where did I leave that 1.2.5 jar file...




No comments:

Post a Comment