Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dedicated IP Address!

Wondering why you can't access your FAVORITE Minecraft server?

Funny thing... when I first ordered the service I said that we wanted a static IP address.

They said, "We're out."

I said "Oh, okay, let me know when you get one."

They said, "Okay."

They didn't.

I'm looking at the account today and I noticed that we're still getting charged for it even though our server is STILL having to connect on port 25640 (that's the 25640 at the end of minecraft.notnats.com:25640).

I sent them a note saying, "Hey, how come I'm getting charged for this when we don't have a static IP?"

I was expecting them to be changing my billing amount.

Instead, they changed the IP address of the server.  Doh!

By the time you read this the address will be: minecraft.notnats.com (nothing else).

The new IP address is actually 70.34.195.43.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment