Friday, March 2, 2012

Server 1.2 is out, but....

But Bukkit does not have a recommended build for 1.2 yet so we can't upgrade the server.

They are submitting a lot of builds so it is obvious they are working very hard on getting a new Bukkit and Essentials out as soon as possible.

Some of the plugins may not be available right away.  Some of the plugins that I'm going to wait for updates to install back on the server are:


  • ChopTree - Some folks won't mind if that never makes it back onto the server, but it sure was nice for harvesting wood.
  • AntiCreeper - this is a hard one, because I really like the idea of creepers not blowing up our hard work.  There are other, similar plugins and I'll find one with similar capabilities that is updated.
  • FireLord - I'm not sure if this is going to be updated or not.  I really hope it is because I like the extra benefits for gold items.


We can count on Essentials being updated, and LWC should be updated as well.  Not all of you can see it but VoxelSniper has also been installed on the server and I expect that will be updated, too.

By the way, Bukkit has become part of Mojang.  This means that they are going to be able to work very closely together and hopefully this lag between the Minecraft server update and the Bukkit updates will get smaller and smaller.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment